The Water's Edge is a popular bar and kitchen in the centre of affluent Newark, situated on the banks of the River Trent next to picturesque Newark Castle.
We offer a relaxed, modern and stylish environment for drinking and dining. Our menu, while informal and relaxed, is home to elements of creativity. We like to constantly push the boundaries in everything we do. Normality is not an option here.
We are seeking a General Manager to lead a team of 20 full and part time staff working on food and beverage operations. You will be responsible for managing the day to day running of the operations, rota and financial management and working on new ideas for events to drive sales revenues in all areas of the business.
The role will consist of:
• Managing and motivating a team of front of house and bar staff to achieve excellent customer service for our guests
• Ensuring you train and develop every member of staff to their full potential
• Be always visible and passionate about getting to know our customers
• Manage shifts and ensure food and bar service runs smoothly
• Driving forward sales revenue through new menus and new events
• Budgeting, financial and rota management
• Implement documented processes to ensure efficiency
What we need from you:
- Proven experience as a general manager in a similar size venue
- Exceptional proven ability of restaurant and bar management
- Ability in dividing responsibilities and monitoring progress
- Outstanding communication and leadership skills
- Good understanding of useful computer programs (MS Office, restaurant management software, POS)
- Credentials in health and safety training
- Commitment to work with us to fix the issues we face and improve the business. We want you to be with us long term and be a critical part of the business.
What you'll get from us:
- A forward-thinking, growing and ambitious company
- 28 days annual leave
- Good career progression with more venues planed
- A strong existing team
- Staff discount
- Free parking
- A free day off on your birthday
- A generous bonus structure
Salary: Competitive dependent on experience
Interviews will be held immediately. We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Please apply with your cv to email@example.com
Strictly no phone calls and no agencies please